Sunday, October 14, 2007

Auditions Day 1

Well I got back from auditions a few hours ago. The auditions were from 7pm-9pm. All in all it went good. I got there around 6pm. There were a few actors already ready to audition! Jeff had them 'sing in' with an audition sheet and put a number on them so I could match the number with the person/sheet. I mingled around for awhile as more and more people started to file in. I'm sure at this point they thought I was just another actor waiting around as I hadn't been introduced to them as a director. Was talking to a few of the people that were auditioning and getting some history on them and how they came into the "arts."

So once everyone got there the auditions started at 7pm and Jeff introduced Connie Willis(The Christmas Story director who was auditioning the same time I was) and myself to the group of actors/actress that had shown up. We had most of the people wait in the rehearsal hall while we called them down in groups to audition in the Missouri Theater. That's right we got to do the auditions on the stage we'll be preforming on!

I would have been "lost" if I didn't have my assistant Jennifer helping me. She was so wonderful in going to get people to come down and audition and just anything I asked her. I missed her on the way out so I hope she comes back tomorrow as I really wanted to thank her for all the help she did for me. Plus I hope she'll help me the 2nd day of auditions.

The auditions themselves went good. We had 2 males, 4 females and about 12-15 kids try out for The Miracle Worker on this first night. More auditions will be held tomorrow night so hope to see more talented people in the area. Everyone I saw tonight does have talent! That's so great to see in a small town. All of them were very nice to me as well.

Here to a good first night of auditions...Keep that curtain open!
-CP

No comments: