Monday, October 22, 2007

Chronicles of an "ILL" Director

I'm amazed that I can sit here for this short amount of time and type this up. I felt my friends and family needed to be updated on what was going on around here. First off I'm sick and it's no fun. I rarely get sick but it just had to happen before the 2nd "day" of rehearsals. Our first rehearsal back on the 18th went very well and I was looking forward to seeing everyone again on Sunday. Well when I woke up Friday I hardly could get up. My throat was paining, and I was sweating from what I later found out to be a 102 fever! So on the days off we had I was stuck in bed not able to do anything. It got so bad that I had to call off rehearsal for Sunday night because my fever hadn't broke.

Tonight my fever did break and I was able to go on with rehearsal but it wasn't easy. I wore a mask as heaven forbid anyone else should get this! When I direct I really like to get involved but I just had to slow it down and speak softly with people. I'm so lucky to have this great cast as everyone was very generous and took there time with me. The more I talk the more my throat hurts. My Mom (who's been apart of my film crew) came along tonight to help me out. It was great to have here there to talk for me some of the time. But I still found myself standing most of the time and talking to much for my own good. But I'm paying for that now. I hope to get a good night's rest tonight and be better tomorrow.

I hope this made sense to everyone reading. Just wanted to give a small update since I hadn't been on here in a few days. Till next time...

Your Sick Director

No comments: